Welcome ...

Welcome ... to the novels of Caleigh Cross.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Excitement builds!

Hi!

I don't know how many of you reading this have graduated high school yet, or remember graduating, but it's one drawn out process, let me tell you. There's marching, first of all, and then the whole sitting down/standing up thing, which you'd think we'd have mastered by now (isn't that sort of thing kind of the point of high school?) but apparently we've either been doing it wrong for the last 17 years or graduation is a huge deal.
My cap and gown came in last week: the girls' are white and the boys' green, and when I wear mine, it makes me look kinda like a ghost (university Halloween preparations taken care of...? Maybe!). Either way, the sleeves are really wide, and our calculus teacher recommends hiding M&Ms in there just in case we get hungry.
I've requested to be a speaker at our Baccalaureate ceremony *crosses fingers* I really hope I get to do it. I'm not valedictorian or salutatorian (not that I was really expecting to make it) but it would mean a lot to me to be involved in this small way.
I guess this post was not writing related at all, but I haven't been doing a whole lot of that these days, what with all the sitting practice...
Don't worry, I'll get back on the horse.

--Caleigh x

P.S. Thought for the day: When you run in front of a car, you get tired; when you run behind a car, you get exhausted. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment