Welcome ...

Welcome ... to the novels of Caleigh Cross.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Writing a sequel

Hi!

So my guide for writing a book is done, but I realise now that I should have done one on writing a sequel, because it's not as easy this time around, as it turns out. It's odd to have people expecting me to write something: in the past, it's always been just myself. Now, people come up to me on the streets and ask me what's going to happen next. It's nice, don't get me wrong, I love the attention, but I'm kind of worried: what if, after all this, I don't have another book in me after all?

I know I do: don't worry, there'll definitely be a sequel. It's slow going for now, but it was with Until the End of the World at first too. I feel like the Jameses are a part of my own family now: I know exactly how they'll react to things, and the perspective each of them will use to look at the world.

Looking forward to the sequel just as much as you guys :D

--Caleigh x

P.S. Anybody finished it yet?

1 comment:

  1. One way to get comfortable with planning the middle book of a trilogy is to sit back and daydream a bit: You don't want to resolve the BIGGEST issue because that's going to happen at the end of the third book. But your main character -- and in this case probably all of the five main characters -- will experience a change in this volume. It will be a change that makes the final volume necessary. Does that help?? (Mentor at Midnight)

    ReplyDelete