Welcome ...

Welcome ... to the novels of Caleigh Cross.

Friday, April 29, 2011

It's Over!

Oh, my goodness, I can't believe it's all over. Sorry I've been out of touch since Friday: it's just been madness here. The book sold like hotcakes: people are congratulating me on the streets since the newspaper article came out (once again, cheers, Taylor Reed), and the TV interview will be airing soon on Channel 7. (I'll put a link to that interview on here as soon as it becomes available.) I want to say thanks to all those people who tell me randomly how much they enjoy the book: you may not think it's a big deal to say that, but it's a ginormous huge deal to hear it, and I can't tell you how much it means to me that people are liking it. I always say that when you write a work of fiction, it's like putting a piece of yourself on paper (one of the reasons revisions mandated by an editor can hurt), and when I hear that you guys appreciate that little piece of me, it makes me want to write more. Thanks :)
My mentor Beth Kanell and the wonderful jacket art designer Jacob Grant (as well as my parents and Michael) both turned up to the presentation wearing T-shirts with the front jacket on as a surprise for me, which touched me beyond words. Thanks, guys, that was really sweet of you.
Those T-shirts are actually available for sale, if anyone's interested: feel free to leave a comment so I can test the waters vis-a-vis T-shirt sales.
Wow. I can't believe the presentation is over. I've spent the last three months working on this, and now the book's written, the PowerPoint is done, and everything has finally calmed down. I almost don't know what to do with myself, except that I've already started to write the sequel. (No, I haven't thought of a title yet, but I think you're going to like it.)
So: anybody who's finished the book or is in the process of reading it or was at the presentation on April 29th, what'd you think? Who's your favourite character? If you could have any of their powers, which ones would it be? What's your opinion on genetic engineering, human or otherwise?
Forgive my lateness: it won't happen again. Any comments, reviews, or criticisms are welcome.

--Caleigh x

P.S. That joke? The one about the drummer's car? Yeah, it's the one with the pizza delivery sign on top.

P.P.S. Did anyone else watch the royal wedding? What'd you think?! I loved Kate's dress. Princess Catherine just sounds so elegant. Her sister Pippa Middleton looked great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment