Welcome ...

Welcome ... to the novels of Caleigh Cross.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Top 10 Songs...

Hey guys!

Any other writers out there, take note: music is incredibly helpful when it comes to writing a book. There's something about lyrics combined with melody that can create in one's mind the best moments of a book, and after you've got those, all you have to do is string them together like pearls on the strand of the story...
Sorry, I'm doing it again, getting all poetic.

Anyways, I just thought I'd make a list of the top 10 songs that help me when writing right now. (They change every week, so if you'd ever like an updated list, just ask...) Seriously, my iPod list could have been made by a schizophrenic...

1. Anna Begins by Counting Crows
2. Cleaning My Gun by Mark Knopfler
3. Long Live by Taylor Swift
4. Time is Running Out by Muse
5. Rollin' On by Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris
6. Find the River by R.E.M.
7. Beautiful Day by U2
8. Vertigo by U2
9. Miracle Drug by U2
10. All the Roadrunning by Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris

Try these if you're stuck writing something. Some of them are soothing and calming while others are, um...very definitely not. Enjoy!

--Caleigh x

P.S. One extra, just because I'm either generous or I really love music, take your pick: Resistance by Muse.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try some of these over my "writing weekend" (well, honestly I've got about a dozen chores planned, including company for Saturday dinner, but I'll try). And back atcha: One of my favorite listening treats for late-night writing is the Public Radio program "Hearts of Space," http://www.vpr.net/program_about/61.

    ReplyDelete